A fourteenth-century inn on the right bank of the Serchio, originally on the estate of Count de Nobili, it was a resting place for merchants from Lucca passing through the Garfagnana with their carts, or “barrocci”. The “barrocciai” were offered a stable and hay-barn on the ground floor while more high-ranking patrons had two rooms on the first floor. An enigmatic plaque in Latin and a two-light window testify to the age of the building. Rooms with high beamed ceilings, stone arches and period furnishings. The flavours of Garfagnana tradition and four generations of the same family, at least since 1911. Puccini and Pascoli used to drop in and Vittorio De Sica and Paola Borboni loved it.









